Before and After
To Transfer or Not to Transfer…
That is the question! The answer lies in this rule: Guests should never see anything done or how it’s done! That ruins the magic.
* If you must move an arrangement from ceremony to reception, make sure the guests are entertained in another location during the process.
* Make sure the floral staff can enter and exit both locations without guest witnesses.
* Check the costs. You will pay transfer fees for the staff’s time and expertise. Having two arrangements in both locations may be cheaper or slightly more expensive but worth the difference.
Checklist of Considerations
* Officiant, meet with that person to understand your mutual responsibilities
* Words, if you’re planning on writing your own vows or ceremony make sure your officiant agrees
* Site, make sure it has everything you need to make your day run smoothly. That could mean a dressing room or waiting area
* Photographer, make sure to discuss any site restrictions or floor plans. Note any special sites you’d like to shoot at
* Guests, make sure your site can comfortably fit everyone and that your elder guests can easily access it
* Florist, know exactly when your florist and other vendors can first arrive for set up an dif there are floral restrictions such as no petals down aisle, etc
How to freeze your wedding cake
To freeze: place top tier of cake in freezer unwrapped for 5-6 hours, so that any decoration can set. Then cover with plastic wrap, then foil and place in an airtight container to avoid freezer burn.
To defrost: Remove from freezer at least 12 hours before serving. Let thaw in its wrappers so condensation forms on the wrappers not the cake. Unwrap and enjoy!
Go GREEN for your wedding!
It seems these days more and more people are realizing that everyday we can make a difference to help out mother nature. Why should your wedding day be any different? We would love to give you some tips to put a little green in your big day, and your everyday. Here’s a few just to show you how easy it is to be an eco-chic bride.
*Use recycled paper for your invitations, or just less paper. You don’t need all those extra pieces to make a statement! Check out www.foreverfiances.com or www.minted.com for some really eco-fun ideas.
*Make a statement with your wedding bands. These days it’s so easy to make a statement with your wedding rings, try recycling gold or choosing man made diamonds. If you’re really into this idea go to www.greenkarat.com they are making a difference one ring at a time.
*Want a great website to get more tips for putting a little green into your everyday life? Try www.freshandgreen.com
*Eco-friendly search engine? That’s right, according to www.blackle.com. Blackle saves energy because the screen is predominantly black, a monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen.
These are just a few ideas to get you into the eco-chic mindset, please feel free to ask us for more tips on how you can make a difference on your big day!